Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Neighbor disputes my property line location

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

I showed him the spray painted iron pins. I showed him the power pole
from the utility company, I showed him my survey and measured from my
wall to the spray painted location - 25 feet. He disagrees. He says
it should be half way between the two houses. I stated to hiim this is
not the case as the property line is defined in the legal description
and this is what the survey is going by, and that if he has a survey of
his house he should be able to confirm this. He says he does not have
a survey.

He should have a deed and the country records will have a deed. That will
give a description of the property, possible enough to make a good
determination.

While you don't want to **** off a neighbor, the law is the law and there is
a legal description of the property. What is a PITA is that you may end up
on court over what is probably a bad attitude. Yes, most property lines
probably are in the center, but it does n ot have to be.

If he is not interested in helping, you can probably get the deed
information from public records.