Posted to alt.home.repair
Chazzum

Default Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
There should be water going into the tray immediately and if the
freezer is at normal temp, you should have ice in an hour or two.

You would think that, but now always true. I replaced mine and it did not
work. I was PO'd and it was getting late. I went to bed and the next
morning I found that the ice fairly delivered a bunch. No idea why, but it
took about 12 hours for it to start functioning.

Edwin;

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to find ice when I get home. If not,
next step will be to replace the water valve (one came with the kit)
and water line. I'm trying to avoid fiddling with the water line
though.

Chazzum