Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice?

wrote in message
ups.com...
My old ice maker (Whirlpool) stopped making ice. Prior to it not
making ice it had started to make an intermittent creaking noise but
made good ice. After a few months of creaking it then stopped getting
water. I tested the module and found there was no voltage to the water
valve during the 7.5 seconds during the cycle that it is supposed to
send water to the ice maker. Last night I replaced the ice maker (the
whole unit inside the freezer compartment) with a new one I picked up
from Lowes (only $50...quite a deal compared to some online sites like
repairclinic.com that wanted over $100)...the model was ECKMF94. It
was an easy swap out of just three screws and plugging in the wiring
assembly.

Question is this: how long should it be before the new unit delivers
water to the ice maker?

After 13 hours (checked before I went to work) the ice maker still had
no water. Is the 24 hour period mentioned in the installation manual
for it start producing ice that hits the ice bucket or when it should
first state getting water to make ice?

Usually a month