Joel Corwith

Default SURVIVING THE 100 YEAR WINTER

I have regularly worked in -40F with a 40+ mph wind. (its a LOT of fun
replacing a blown carrier bearing on a F300 mounted drill rig when its
that cold....)

I replaced a car battery in July. It was 110 or 113 and I was in a
shadeless Checker asphalt parking lot and managed to drop a socket down into
the engine compartment. Somewhere near the exhaust manifold if I recall
correctly. Cold is for wimps,....

Joel. phx

The article I posted is about what is called a Super Winter, one that
happens every hundred years or so..which we are over due for.
The evidence of them historically make the worst winter anyone of us
can remember..sorta balmy.

Gunner