Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the wrinklies - BSA Top tube shifter

Roger Mills wrote:

Hi All,

snip burbling)

I don't know about BSA shifters for SA 3-speeds, but you can still buy
genuine SA shifters. Have a look at
http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm and scroll down to Gear Shifters.
--

Thanks Roger,

I may be wrong, but I doubt even they have top tube shifters in Stock.

The hub is in fact also BSA and while I think it probably would work
with a modern (or older) handlebar mounted trigger, or an SA top tube
(correctly called quadrant shifter) from ebay, i'd like to get the
original going if I can.

It's so nearly complete, it really should be possible, but i'd rather
not design from scratch if I don't have to.

It may be that I end up taking a modern one apart and modding the cable
nipple holding thingie to fit.

Please keep the suggestions comming guys.