Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Dishwasher heating element

On 10 Jun 2006 19:01:29 -0700, "
wrote:

HEY We all had to start somewhere! I have made lots of dumb mistakes
fixing things, and I am a service tech for over 30 years!

Cut the guy a break!

Have you checked for power at the heater when the machine is running?

I don't think I've done that but I've reached in to turn the water off
to a water cooler when it was plugged in and the fan was running.

(prior to this we usually had it unplugged, but we thought we were
done and plugged it back in! I didn't really hurt myself)

I agree with you that everyone makes a lot of dumb mistakes. When I
was president of my hiking club, I told people that any hike where
everyone came back alive was a success.