Posted to misc.consumers.house
ToMh

Default Trane Heat Pump - - Where is the Fuse???

wrote:
In a failed attempt to install a new Hunter programmable heat pump
thermostat, I think I shorted something out or blew a fuse. I get No
Power to AC messages, and now the old mechanical thermostat does not
work.

Where in the world is the fuse for this thing? I looked at the unit in
my attic, and on the unit that sits outside and do not see anything
obvious.

Please send me any suggestions. Thanks!!

Jeff Morgan

Is there a disconnect/fuse box on the outside of the house near your
heat pump?
This is a metal box connected to the wall that supplies power to the
unit.
You pull the disconect out and then pull the plastic panel off. This
will expose a couple of fuses.

-Tom