Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
C & E

Default Hansgrohe Shower Head: Removing flow restrictor

"Thomas G. Marshall" . com
wrote in message news:Mz6fg.52$Cw3.39@trndny01...

Ok, this subject has come and gone repeatedly in various forms. In my
case it is the Hansgrohe Turboł massage.

snip

Also, there is a plastic screen at the very outset: right in between the
shower arm and the shower arm mount. This one confuses me: It looks like
a very restrictive screen---all plastic with very *very* small holes. Yet
having it in and taking it out seem to do nothing to the water flow---I'll
need to experiment more on that one, but I left it in for now.

This is probably just ofr aeration so that the water is dispersed.

Finally the handle itself has a water hole opening that is substantially
smaller than the bore of anything leading up to it. Is it possible that
/this alone/ is the 2.5 GPM restrictor---a silly little hole? I may just
drill the thing larger out of principal alone

I'm gonna guess that you're right about that. The little add-on restrictors
are nothing more than a plastic piece with a small
hole. You could drill it out a little at a time to see when you get the
desired result. Just remember, once you drill you can't go back

Thanks

--
Sometimes life just sucks and then you live.