Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

"Rick" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a manifold set and 30lb can of R-22 refrigerant and need to top
off my home AC system that seems to need a recharge every 3-4 years.
Is there a do-it-yourself guide that shows how to locate the low
pressure recharge point and steps a repair person through it? I've
googled the subject and not found anything! I really do not want to
pay a repair man $100 to add one pound of refrigerant into the system,
when I own the coolant and tools. Thanks in advance.

I would start buy Finding the leak, the refrigerant must be going
somewhere. These days $100 dollars isn't a lot to pay for experience and
convenience. Plus if you need special tools, Gauges, hoses, regulator, buy
the time you chase all that down what do you really save? There's a real
fine line between saving money and Cheap stupidity.