Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default run car on moonshine

On Mon, 22 May 2006 23:54:35 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

Gas will soon be $3/gal. I live in corn country, its $2/bushel. My car will
run on E85, that's 85% ethanol, 15% gas.

So can I buy/build a high efficiency fermenter and still that does, say 5
gallons a day? I'd run it all winter and use the waste heat to keep the shop
warm. Seen any good proven designs? How about one that uses a corn burner
boiler (readily purchased) as the heat source for the still?

BTW, I may need some quality control help to make sure its really 200 proof
VBG

===================
see
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/still/index.html

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/producer/index.html

good people to deal with
Unka George
(George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy
which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations;
even a democrat like myself must admit this.

But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy,
for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch,"
but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.