Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default run car on moonshine

On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:39:31 GMT, Pete C. wrote:

Yep. There are people doing it so it's not an insurmountable obstacle
though. Since you wouldn't get the various subsidies and tax breaks the
big ethanol producers get I'm pretty sure you'd have to be growing the
feed stock yourself on your own Ag tax exempted land in order to get a
price point cheaper than the local gas station.

Well isn't that the reason for E85 rather than straight Ethanol? You're
denaturing it.

Hm. What's spot price on denatured alcohol these days?

You'd have an easier time going the biodiesel route I think.

Depends on the engine