Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default GRAVEL DRIVEWAY

On 20 May 2006 04:17:36 -0700, wrote:

I have a 70 yr. old home; brick and stucco. I currently have one of
those driveways that have concrete "lanes" with a grassy area in
between the concrete. It goes all the way to the back of the house to a
little-used garage and up to my back door. I am going to have it
blacktopped but do not want the blacktop to go right up to my back
door. I would like to use gravel in the back of the house where the
driveway meets my backdoor. If you have to step out your backdoor onto
a driveway, wouldn't it be more natural to step onto a gravel surface?
What are some nice attractive gravel types to use? What about red
instead of gray? Has anyone used gravel outside the backdoor and do you
like it?

When was the last time you walked on gravel?
Barefoot?
In heels?
If you use big pebbles, it never really settles, and if you use
mixed sand/dirt/gravel, you'll be tracking abrasives into the house
every time you use that doorway.