Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default GRAVEL DRIVEWAY

wrote:

-snip-
door. I would like to use gravel in the back of the house where the
driveway meets my backdoor. If you have to step out your backdoor onto
a driveway, wouldn't it be more natural to step onto a gravel surface?
What are some nice attractive gravel types to use? What about red
instead of gray? Has anyone used gravel outside the backdoor and do you
like it?

I think I'd go with pavers. The problem with gravel is that it holds
dirt and moisture and there isn't any way to sweep it, so you are
always tracking into the house. The grass tracked water- but it
is fairly clean. Properly installed pavers will take the abuse of a
car driving on them, but will look elegant right outside your door.

Jim