Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Slate roof/ box gutters question

Are some roofers realy recomending a slate sealer, gee then I guess
everyone around the world has been doing it wrong for a thousand years
or so, no that guy I would throw out the door. Just keep broken tiles
replaced. How bad is the leak, pinholes in copper happen, copper gets
thin, but knowing the cost of your work, for just minor holes I would
clean well-sand the area bright and silicone or solder for a few, to
many years. For an honest opinion it might only be found from a non
roofer, a home inspector who has a moisture meter and good camera to
show you photos. You might save thousands.