Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Alcohol Drying of Wet Wood

"Harry Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
Fred,

After weighing today, I final turned it. The foot was still round so that
could use the chuck tenon originally used to turn the piece.

Your results are very similar to mine. I've done about thirty small bowls
with the alcohol soaking method with excellent results. Except for two ash
blanks that took over three weeks to reach equilibrium, all the others
dried in two weeks or less.

Most of these bowls have been out-of-round. Enough that I had to true the
tenon before completing them. Most of the bowls have been either English
Walnut or Cherry though there were a couple birch, maple and oak.

Some people over analyze the process. To me it just plain works!

Wonderful testimonials. Are you sure the results aren't due to the Q-Ray
"Ionized" bracelet you're wearing, or the dish detergent in the cabinet
under the sink?