Posted to rec.woodworking
Han

Default Looking for Western Red Cedar in Maryland

wrote in news:1147022515.482033.194990
@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Tim Sauerwein wrote:
I've got a request from the wife for a pegola project and called my
local lumber yard, Johnson Lumber in Edgewater, MD. $2.88 LF for a
clear 2x4 and $4.33 LF for 2x6. 8ft 4x4 clear posts we $34 each.

I was wondering if these are reasonable prices and what my alternatives
were as far as retailers...or species (of wood, not retailers!

They have WRC at Lowe's. Not sure of the pricing and only in
1x.

No cedar of any kind in the Butler (Rt23) Lowes, nor the BORG next doors.

I want to make a very simple garden bench from cedar from a magazine
http://www.gardengatemagazine.com/main/pdf/bench30.pdf
But I can't find cedar around NJ zip 07410 crying

--
Best regards
Han