MBS

Default inexpensive linear bushing?

I am trying to achieve low friction linear motion as economical as
possible because this will be a mass produced part. Picture a 1/2"
diameter aluminum rod that needs to slide about 9" through a low
friction bushing (bushing about 1.5" L). There will be around 90
pound/inch radial torque moment on the bushing from the rod but still
need linear slide. I have checked into linear bearings and Frelon
bearings but the cost is prohibitive. What are my best
material/product options for low friction economical solution
(lubrication not possible)? BTW, the rod could be stainless steel or
some other material??

Thanks!
Bailey--