Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Asberry

Default How can I boost range of garage door transmitter?

On Tue, 02 May 2006 11:30:50 GMT, "Nospam" wrote:

Is there a way to boost the range of a garage door transmitter? Currently
the dang thing does not go up until I am almost in front of the door (the
battery is new).

Thanks,
Robert

At our previous house we had a pair of unknown brands. Maybe Sears.
Range was about 100'.

Out here in the country, we used Genie. Range seemed pretty good. I
bought anther and made a gate opener out of it. I can stand in the
kitchen and operate the gate at the road 400' away.

You can buy their Intelicode transmitter and receiver to add to
another brand of opener. http://www.imdoors.com/tableremotes.htm
middle of the page.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--