Posted to rec.woodworking
Sasha

Default MinWax Wipe-on poly problem

I have problem with applying MinWax Wipe-on poly. I put two coats of
MinWax oil based stain on cherry doors. Then I put three coats of wipe
on poly using cotton rugs. Two coats went very well but the third one
gave very bad white power like spots. Just couple of days before I
finished another portion of cherry doors also with two coats of stain
followed by three coats of wipe on poly and everything was fine. The
problem with white power like spots with poly application is already
second time that happens to me. Last year I had the same problem with
finishing pine nightstand. I don't know why this happened and how to
remove it. Is there any solution that allows removing poly without
damaging stained wood? Any help would be appreciated.