Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.engineering
Alan Holmes

Default OT DIY Cleaning a BTE hearing aid

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
Just thought I'd post this as I've not found any similar information
by Googling "Groups". (Lots of "it's not ethical to meddle" stuff,
of course...)

I've had an NHS behind-the-ear hearing aid for the last few years.
It's an analog type (using a 13ZA cell with an on-T-off switch and
rotary gain control marked from 1 to 4) and this morning it was dead,
despite it having had a new cell fitted a few days ago. It was still
dead after I tried a new cell in it, so do I take it in to my local
hospital today for repair and be without it over the holiday weekend,
or do I see if there's anything obviously wrong with it? Yesterday I
had noticed that it wasn't as good as it used to be, or was that my
hearing continuing to get worse...

Take it to the hospital they will change it straight away if it is faulty,
and give you another hearing test.

A while ago when I had a problem they changed it for a digital aid.

Alan