Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Munro

Default Re-soldering copper pipe

wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Les" wrote in message
groups.com...

I started a plumbing project and changed my mind mid-project. Is it
safe to reheat a joint and turn an elbow 180 degrees? By safe, I mean,
will the solder continue to provide a sound, leak-proof joint?

Yes. If it was done right you have enough solder and it is not exposed to
air so it will not oxidize either. Take care not to overheat the joint.

I agree. Heat it, rotate it, and then run some more solder around the
joint and it should be fine.

If it was done properly the first time, rotating it should not cause
any problem. I would do it without any hesitation, and you should not
need any extra solder. The solder in the joint should not go anywhere.
Just check it after to make sure there is no leaking. --Phil
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555