DoN. Nichols

Default Sanford Surface Grinder

In article , Alan Rothenbush wrote:
Grant;

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll take them all to heart, especially the one
about a glazed wheel. Hadn't thought about that.

And, yes it *does* have a left-hand thread on the spindle nut.
A hinged two-pin spanner is needed to loosen/tighten it.

[ ... ]

Anyway, thanks again. I will read everything I can get my hands on, but
there's nothing like experience to tell you what chapters to read twice !

Now, to find a mag chuck at an affordable price ...

The trick is finding one which is not too large for the machine.
Most are.

Mine came with a electric mag chuck. Note that the manual warns
to not use coolant with the electric version of the chuck -- just with a
permanent magnet version.

Also, note that the manual (at least the last ones) warn to
interchange the connector halves on the mag chuck, as the original had a
male connector on each end, which means that you have 150V or more on
the bare pins if you disconnect it from the chuck end.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564