Karl Townsend

Default Homebrew misting coolant system for small mills

Would you be so kind as to tell me what you use for coolant? I've been
away from my machines for several years, but used a product I recall to be
named either CoolMist or SprayMist. Worked great, but made clouds of mist
that aggravated my throat. I was also not pleased with how the machine

I use Kool Mist for the most part. ( I have ten gallons of bio-cool 500 that
I bought an auction to use when I run out of this case of Kool Mist) I just
pour "so much", about a cup or a pint in three gallons every time I make up
a new batch. I use way more coolant than the standard mister, actually
blowing chips out of the way and nearly flooding the work right at the
cutting tool. I'd guess usage at about two gallons per machine run hour.

I got to where I was hyper sensitive to fog from misters. I think the more
you use one the more it bothers you. Anyway, you can't even tell there's a
mister running with a HenchForth or my copy of it.

I've not seen problems that you describe with the mister gunking things up.
Maybe I'm lucky, or too dumb to know the difference.

Karl Townsend