Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bucky

Default fruit flies coming out of bathroom sink drain

ameijers wrote:
Fruit flies only nest or swarm where there is something to eat. Make sure
there isn't anything edible in the vanity under the sink, and dose the drain
with drain cleaner. Catch the flying ones with a vacum cleaner. Do you have
small kids in the house? I suspect an errant banana.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm not sure what kind of flies they
are. But they are not house flies, they're about half the size of house
flies. There shouldn't be any food in the sink because it's in the
master bath, and I don't have any kids. I supposed the previous owner's
kids could have put food in it.

Also, the drainage in that sink is a little slow. Could that have an
affect as well?