Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Washing machine - how to remove hardened soap powder?

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:32:21 UTC, wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
We have a quantity of hardened soap powder (at least, I assume that's
what it is) in the soap powder tray, and in the recess it fits into.
This is an old Hotpoint.

It's causing problems moving the tray; it's very hard to scrape off. Any
useful tips on removing it?

I'd rather avoid the thermic lance...

rub it off with a wet cloth? Run the drawer under the tap?

Ha! If it was that easy, I wouldn't have asked! This stuff seems near
insoluble. We're in a hard water area but this is localised to the soap
tray.

As an aside, for the Calgon-haters...this machine is nearly 11 years old
and I have just changed the (very little scaled) element for the first
time. And even then it was only because the rubber seal had failed.

Avenue Supplies,
http://avenuesupplies.co.uk