DoN. Nichols

Default old SEARS air compressor info

In article , jim wrote:
j.b. miller wrote:

Hello. I've been given a Sears air compressor,2 cylinders, maybe 15+ years
old. Needs valves.
Anyone know who really made it? Sears has no parts(too old). It's in
really,really good shape,so I want to fix it.
Thanks for any help.
Jay

do you have a model number on it?? if so then go to sears web site:
www.sears.com and look to the upper left and check off PARTS.. another

[ ... ]

have located... You state that its in really, really good shape?
well you might do better just getting a new pump and putting it on the
old machine??? or with the prices of air compressor always coming down
you might just save you old one for parts or trying to fix the valves in
the old one by grinding the valves to make it work and it will not cost
you anything?????

Grinding the valves? I think that most of these use reed
valves, so just replacing them may be all that is needed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564