Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Ideas for cheap bar height table and stools?

ameijers wrote:
Nothing against dumspter diving- I do it myself whenever I get the
chance (not often these days). But a better source may be
garage/moving sales, and the high season for those is almost upon us.
If there is a college in or near your town, find out when their term
ends, and arrange to be there that weekend. College kids are notorius
for selling for pennies, or throwing out, some amazing things. They
usually didn't pay for it, so don't consider it worth anything, or it
simply isn't worth shipping home. Even now, 25 years later, I still
have a few items I obtained that way.

My son goes "foraging" the night before "heavy trash day" (once a month in
my city). Here's the result of what he "scored" last month.

Log-roller. Turns newspaper into fireplace logs: Sold on Ebay for $22.
Apple II Computer, external drive, no monitor: Sold on Ebay for $27.
Atari computer box. Just the empty cardboard box, no computer: Sold on Ebay
for $7.
Funky light fixtu Installed in bath to replace even funkier original.
About 150 teeny bowls, each holding about 1/4 cup: Sold the lot for $10 to
candle-maker hobbiest.
12" Darkroom timer: Sold on Ebay for $17.50.

Next Friday is heavy-trash day again. I'm going with him!