Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default Intermittent Fuse Blow When Philips TV is Plugged Into AC

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:29:27 GMT, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

Philips TV model 27PT5441/37 ch L04.1UAA mfg 08/04

In my shop, this TV will blow the main fuse intermittently when the TV is
plugged in (when the AC cord is plugged into an outlet) . NOTE: I don't
have a SM. Most times, when the TV is plugged in, the fuse doesn't blow, and
the TV can be turned on and everything is "fine". Note: I had replaced the
fuse with a 4A slow blow type. I checked the degaussing coil thermistor cold
resistance which measures 6.6 ohms.

Was this a common problem with this model TV? Was there a
"fix" or modification to fix this problem?

I have seen a LOT of recent Philips TVs with bad degaussing
thermistors. Eventually, they blow the fuse every time.
Andy Cuffe