Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

Default Intermittent Fuse Blow When Philips TV is Plugged Into AC

Brad wrote:

Hi,

Philips TV model 27PT5441/37 ch L04.1UAA mfg 08/04

In my shop, this TV will blow the main fuse intermittently when the TV is
plugged in (when the AC cord is plugged into an outlet) . NOTE: I don't
have a SM. Most times, when the TV is plugged in, the fuse doesn't blow, and
the TV can be turned on and everything is "fine". Note: I had replaced the
fuse with a 4A slow blow type. I checked the degaussing coil thermistor cold
resistance which measures 6.6 ohms.

Was this a common problem with this model TV? Was there a
"fix" or modification to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

mite want to check for leaking Electrolytic caps and or PS diodes in
that same area.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5