Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Replacing electric water heater filament

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:48:20 +0000, John Smith wrote:

Hi all,

I replaced my element - 27 inch for 27 inch a few weeks back - and now I
can't get a decent hot bath from it.

There is a thermostat on it that starts at 50 degrees goes through 60. 70
and 80 and apparently pops out if the water gets as hot as one of the
settings. I have mine set on the 80 degree setting - it has never popped out
once - but my baths are now ruddy warm at best. Also, whereas before it
would take about an hour to heat a good hot tank for a bath it can now take
2 hours and, even then, I am only sitting in a fraction of the water I used
to as the water does not get anywhere near as hot.

Any positive suggestions please?

Check operation of the thermostat.