Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Nichols lathe for sale

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:24:23 -0700, Larry Osterman wrote:

mac davis wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:44:11 -0700, Larry Osterman wrote:

Larry...
Please send me an email with a few details...

My kid lives in Spanaway and can check it out for me..

thanks!

Mac, I decided to respond here, as other folks may be interested. You
can see the lathe evenings or weekends. Please call:

work 206.576.1078
home 425.828.0531

I paid over $9000 in 2003 for the lathe and accessories (items 1 to 11
below). I think I bought one of everything that John Nichols had to
offer. My asking price is $6000, which is negotiable. However, if you
ante up the full asking price, I'll throw in a lot of extra stuff.
Here's the list:

1. The basic lathe body on casters/screw jacks, including headstock,
motor, controller, etc. It has a 50" swing over the gap; 30" over the
bed. Spindle is 1.5" RH. Taper is MT3 if I recall correctly; MT2 in
the tailstock.
2. Sliding bed with crank that extends through the lathe body.
3. The standard length bed that attaches to the sliding bed.
4. Extended length bed.
5. Support legs for the end of the extended length bed (also has
casters/screw jacks).
6. Heavy duty tailstock with ball-bearing fitting.
7. Two tool rest assemblies and several tool rests.
8. Small right-angle bed that attaches to the headstock or to the main bed.
9. Crane and winch for mounting heavy pieces.
10. Steady rest.
11. Wrenches, grease and gun, spare fuses, matching spray paint, and
other similar items.

In addition, if you pay the asking price I will include the following
(all fit the Nichols tapers/spindle thread):

A. Two Jamieson-style "captured" laser boring bars (one small, one very
large) and associated capture assembly (from John Jordan, very nice).
B. Vacuum system, including chuck, spindle insert, and vacuum pump.
C. Miscellaneous revolving centers.
D. Four or more faceplates (small to very large).
E. Dust collection system, including tubing, vacuum cleaner, and can/top.
F. One large Vicmarc chuck.
G. "Jumbo jaws" and second Vicmark chuck.
F. Other stuff I can't think of right now.

-Larry

Thanks, Larry... As I feared, it's way out of my price range...
Especially since I can just visualize my kid setting it up in his garage "until
our next visit" and my never seeing the lathe in Calif. or Baja.. *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis