Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Nichols lathe for sale

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:44:11 -0700, Larry Osterman wrote:

Larry...
Please send me an email with a few details...

My kid lives in Spanaway and can check it out for me..

thanks!

Hi group, I'm moving to a much smaller place and just downsizing in
general, and am forced to sell my Nichols lathe. For those not familiar
with the brand, the lathe was manufactured by John Nichols of Stanfield,
Oregon. John stopped manufacturing the lathe in 2004, but you can see
his old website at

http://web.archive.org/web/200312130...cholslathe.com

The lathe is superbly built and in fine condition. It is capable of
turning very large pieces, having a distance of 25 inches over the gap,
and with the extended bed (which is included), can handle pieces in
excess of 5 feet long. I also have a Nichols-built steady rest and many
other accessories.

If you've considered a lathe like this in the past but were deterred by
the price, this is a great opportunity, as I will be letting the lathe
go at a good price.

I'll be posting more details shortly, but thought I would get the word
out. You would be doing a serious turner a favor by bringing this lathe
to his attention, so if you have any suggestions for other forums to
post this on, please let me know.

Larry Osterman
Seattle

Mac