Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a wooden bow case.

Gav wrote:
I am wanting to make a wooden case to put my compound bow in. Standard sort
of case design similar to this
http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0004469.jsp . Its a long time since I've
done any serious woodworking though and I'm after some tips. To make one of
these I'm going to end up with two box shapes that I'll join with a hinge
down one side. Obviously I want the two halves to match up ie don't want one
half to be slightly bigger/smaller than the other. So I was wondering how
you experienced guys would go about making one. Would you make up the two
seperate halves using some form of jig or would you make one box shape (I'm
thinking the ends and the sides here) and then cutting it all the way round
the centre to produce the two halves? Or possibly something else I've not
thought of.

I'd go with #2. Mark and saw carefully. Clean the edge up with a
block plane, card scraper, or just a sanding block to remove the
saw marks.

--

FF