Ken Moffett

Default cut pipes to weld a "T"

Karl Townsend wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
news:Z8wpb.115238$EO3.30463@clgrps13..
Look up tube mitering on google or go to these links and see the tube
mitering download links
ftp://ftp.ihpva.org/pub/software/index.html
http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/...ng/tubemit.htm

I've just ****ed away 1 1/2 hours trying to get something to work here. The
first link needs a postscript printer - ain't got it.

The second link, tubemiter.exe prints out the paper copy of the tube miter
fit to an 8 1/2 x 11 paper, not to scale.

Another link on down the page, winmiter.exe has the same problem. Maybe
there's something I don't know about printer setup here????

The link talking about an excel spreadsheet feeding AutoCAD would be just
GREAT, but the link don't point to it. Points to some page about building
bicycles.

Anybody know of something else, or the old fashioned way with paper and a
drafting machine?

Karl

I just ran your dimensions on Tubemiter. The units are mm, so you have
to convert from inches to mm. The printout was only 1/2 the template, so
you need to run it twice and paste them together. I didn't try it, but
it looks about right.

I also ran your dimensions on Winmiter. Again, the printout was only 1/2
(in landscape mode) the template. But print and paste two copies and you
have a whole template.

I did overlay the printouts from both programs, and they match very
closely.