Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

Default Extending Driveway

"Jim" wrote:
I'm extending my driveway to gain a couple of additional parking spaces
but need some clarification on bed thicknesses etc. The current drive is
crazy paved but the 5m x 5m extension is just going to be concrete (at
least for the immediate future) It's only going to be used for parking a
Spitfire or Yaris, both light cars so questions are

1. Do I really need to put down a hardcore layer

2. If I do what depth does it need to be

3. What depth concrete do I need and what mix

I have has a look at Cormaic's site, but as this is going to be a very
lightly used area of drive I thought something a little less industrial
might be adequate ?

Thanks

Jim

http://www.pavingexpert.com/subbase.htm might help.