Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Small hammers?

Mike S. wrote:
Are there (claw) hammers that are specially designed for people with
small hands? I've been using my uncles hammers and they are way too big
for me to work with. I can barely wrap my hands around the grip or even
in the middle of the hammer and they feel like they weigh a ton when
I'm trying to hammer nails. I feel like if I had a smaller hammer that
actually fit my hand and weighed 16 oz (or less) instead of 22 oz then
maybe it would make things easier. But I can't seem to find any small
hammers anywhere. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong stores or something.

Do smaller sized hammers exist? Am I going to have to look somewhere
special for them?

There are literally hundreds of hammers, scores of manufacturers and
types. If you're hammering nails, that will eliminate a fair number of
them. You could search for tack hammers if you're just tapping in some
small nails to hang pictures and the like, or you could get a lighter
weight hammer with a thinner handle like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013