Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Stinky Disposall

"Bubba" wrote in message
The Disposall (Disposer?) in my kitchen sink has a terminal case of
"buzzard breathe". Running the thing while running hot water through it
doesn't help a whole lot. Any suggestions?

I clean mine by dumping a tablespoon or two of Comet or Ajax powder in
there. I turn the thing on with a little water running, to make the insides
wet so the powder will stick. Shut off the water, wait till you hear it all
drain out, then VERY carefully lower a spoon full of powder into the hole
and tap it to release the powder. Shut off the disposal, go have a beer,
wait another 23 or 47 minutes, and rinse it out.