Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default dimming lights

krrrg wrote:

I realize this is a topic covered rather regularly but my problem
doesn't seem to be solved and I'm hoping for new directions.
My house was completed in 2003, i have a substantial light diming
problem that i have had since the house was completed, and investigated
to no avail. While some people say dimming is "normal", ours seems to
be quite dramatic to the point where guests ask "what was that"..The
builder's electrian claims there is nothing wrong, we had the utility
company out and the put their "beast of burden" on the lines and said
the voltage drops were from 121 down to 117 on both lines.

SNIP

By chance, are any of the lights affected by this controlled by "dimmers"?

I ask because some dimmers greatly magnify small changes in line voltage.

Jim