George Sohnle

Default Screw Making: Making a rounded edge on the screw tip

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts! Learned a few new tricks.
I was really wondering if there is some type of "jig" I an make,
thought of putting 2 files at angles to eachother. Or is there any
"Dies", like to make screw threads, but instead it would make a round
edge. Also wondering how screw mfg's put that "Ball End" on their
screw.

Thanks Again for all your help!!

George

(Pete Logghe) wrote in message . com...
(George Sohnle) wrote in message . com...
Hi,
Anybody have any ideas on how to make a "rounded" edge on a 1/4 inch rod?
I am making some screws, and need to have the end rounded.

Thanks

George

gsohnle "at" yahoo.com

Everybody forgot to tell you the Real secret...
Turn the rod backwards in the lathe or drill
as you file it, or turn it.
Grind a tool for the back side, and run it
in reverse.

This will round it off, without grabbing the thread.

Pete