Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Honey (orangey, if you ask me) oak cabinets with what color hardwood floors?

Thanks so much for the back and forth advice and the inspiration. Here
is what I decided and as of this afternoon it was purchased: From
Columbia Flooring, 3 1/4 inch Turner Hickory in Natural Finish. It is
gorgeous and fairly reasonable at $4.83/sq ft! I am putting it in the
entire downstairs, including the kitchen where I was having serious
doubts. But this floor is so different from my cabinets and there is
SO much variation in the grain and colors, it will go beautifully.
There is still a slight chance that I'll paint my cabinets but that is
for another day.

Banty, thanks for the advice on the cabinets.

Murray, thanks for making me feel comfortable with the different wood
choices in the house. Yours look great together.

The floors should be installed the week of April 17th. Do you know the
going rate? We are paying $2.50 per sq. foot which I think is a deal
plus additional for tear out and disposal of the old carpet and
linoleum. So for approx. 800 sq.ft. I think we will end up paying
about $7500 when all is said and done.

I'll link to pictures when it's done, if you'd like.

Thanks again,
Kristi