Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Low voltage/variable speed circulating pumps (ping CampinGazz)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:03:56 +0100, CampinGazz wrote:

Sorry, not been on here for a while, so many projects on the go at once on
the motorhome.

I thought you might be out travelling in it!

I guess if your planning to run the pump for a long time, go for the
eberspacher pump as opposed to the merc one, as the eberspacher dosent have
a shaft seal to wear out and leak water into the windings.

It's for intermittent use: pumping primary water from a heat bank through
a heat exchanger when there's a call for domestic hot water.

I had a look on ebay.de. There are Webasto Standheizungs e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Webasto-Standheiz... cmdZViewItem
but I don't think those are the coolant pumps

However the Merc one should do for proof of concept (if I can find a Merc
in a breakers yard). Actually a gash low voltage shower pump might do at a
pinch.

I could work on variable speed drive to a Grundfos-type mains pump
if the 12V one it works as I hope.

Thanks for the pointers