Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default So what's the best type of sander for furniture refinishing

How about the Ryobi DS1100 or CFS1501K?

Also, don't mean to start a long discussion here, but if I want to make
this a moderate hobby (say, refinish 1 piece a month) is the price
difference between Ryobi and DeWalt worth it?

I'd pass on both.
If I could only get two, it would be the Porter Cable 330 and 505.
If my budget could not stand both, the 505 would be my choice.
If the 505 is out of range start with the 330.

Dave

Thaks very much for the advice. Is the 340k similar to 330?

Finally, I have a very silly question. Where do I buy the sand paper
for these? I'm looking on the home depot website but not finding
anything.

The Porter Cable Site can better explain the differences. To me, the 330,
square base (no special sandpaper required) is easier to use than the round,
(special sandpaper required)340k

I use Stikit paper for most of my sanding jobs. Search Amazon and other
sites.

Dave