Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Boiler low pressure problems

Milleniumaire wrote:

Hi roger,

I'm not sure where most of those figures came from - they sound like
garbage to me!

I got the figures from the boiler manual, but I have no idea what they
mean!

Is the manual available on-line? If so, please supply a URL where we can
look at it.

Please explain what you mean by "I checked the pressure on the
expansion vessel".

I checked the pressure using a standard car pump with a pressure gauge
attached to the valve on the expansion vessel. This showed 2.25 bar
which seems high so I reduce it to 1 bar but this doesn't resolve the
problem.

But did you check it without any pressure in the water system? If not, you
must! If there's pressure in the water system, it will compress the air in
the expansion vessel - so that will read pretty much the same as the water
pressure gauge.
--
Cheers,
Roger