Jack Erbes

Default Router Speed Control - How does this work?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:23:27 GMT, "rhncue"
wrote:

I also bought one of these from H/F and have found it to be totally
useless. As I slow the speed down the torque plunges. When the rpm gets down
to about 15000 just putting the bit against a board brings the bit to a
stop.
Dick

I'm wondering if the HF one is as "smart" as the one I referenced. If
I understand the replies (which answered my question very well) it may
be that the HF one is cheaper but does not use the feedback from the
motor to keep the power level up and the speed constant.

When I was stationed in Korea we used to get a lot of things that
looked great and were pretty well made but just as good as the
original item. We used to call it the "Land of not quite right". Now
it appears that China has taken over that market.