Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Default Built in oven cabinet

"Stuart" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:08:19 +0100, "Davao"
wrote:

Hi all.
I'm just thinking about a built in hob and cooker to fit in the corner
of the kitchen.
Question is, is a 'straight' cabinet set at 45 degrees the only option?
or is there a 'corner positioned' cabinet for a built in hob and cooker
available?

The 'straight' cabinet placed at 45 degrees would cause a 2 triangles on
the
sides that
would be wasted space.

Thanks,

Arthur

I'm trying to picture what you mean ....Do you mean a cabinet whereby
the oven would sit straight in to the corner but there would be
additional bits on either side built on ...Presumably the cabinet
would have "walls" on either side of the oven so how could you access
these additional bits .??? ....If you couldn't access them then
you are back to what you are objecting to in the first place ....the
only difference being that the triangular space is an inaccessable
cupboard rather than just a space .
Is it worth bothering about .?
Stuart

Thanks, Stuart and Vas

If I decide that I don't want to waste any space, I will have to modify the
adjacent
cabinets by discarding the bottom piece and cutting another or use the same
bottom panel and cutting
an angle on it.. Then redrilling the holes for the special bolts.
Then I would have to recut the groove for the back panel.
Of course I would have to cut it so that the finished front width would be
300/400mm
to accommodate a standard door

Anyone else think I'm nuts?

Arthur