Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default High pressure vs. low pressure ball valves.

p_telford wrote:
The ball valve in our cold water header tank seems to be causing some
knocking and
generally seems to be due for a change (intermittent overflow for
example). In my local
B&Q there are two varieties of valve: high and low pressure. My
Collin's DIY manual gives
no guidance on this subject so I'm wondering if there is some decisive
factor in which to use.
The house is a normal two storey semi with a good mains pressure.
Thanks in advance for any advice,

It's mains pressure, so use the high-pressure cone. The low
pressure ones are for gravity-fed stuff (e.g. the bathroom WC).