Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Tree Mill 2uvr-c - Face Milling

On 27 Mar 2006 13:50:18 -0800, wrote:

I have recently purchased a Tree 2uvr-c vertical mill and would like to
use an indexable face mill. What size arbor do I need to purchase? The
manual says that it takes a #2 Morse Taper or a #7 Brown & Sharp.

thanks in advance,

Jason

A very small one. No bigger than about 2" in diameter. Its been my
experience..and others may have different opinions..more learned
ones..that the incredible side and torque forces a face mill places on
the taper can/will bend a small shanked holder such as the 2 and 7,
over time. Ive already damaged a 30 taper face mill arbor, turning a
4" face mill. Bent it actually. Not the body..but the attachment
bolt.

My booboo..shrug.

YMMV

Gunner