Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower won't shut off

I have a Toro Super Recycler with the B&S 6hp GTS5 engine that I have
seen discussed here before. My problem is not starting the engine,
rather stopping it. Mine is the push model and when I let go of the
handle, the engine and more seriously, the blade, continue to run. If
I reach down to the right side and "squeeze" the linkage together, I
can kill the engine.

I have removed and lubed the cable but that is not the problem as there
is no tension at all when the handle is released. Is there some
limiter screw I neeed to adjust to get this engine killed?