Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blow-in Insullation, How?

On 26 Mar 2006 13:33:04 -0600, Galen Boyer
wrote:

Based on a Home Depot recommendation, I bought Cocoon Cellulose R-19
Insulation. He said to just open the bag at the place you want it and
then just break it up with your hands. (Gloves and knife help)

I then read the web and it says I need a machine to blow this in and it
says I should use this for more cavity-type insulation needs.

So:

Should I not use blow-in insulation for my attic floor needs, or is it
fine to use? I don't plan on using this space for any type of storage.

Should I only "blow-in" with a machine, or is the home depot guy
correct?

Thanks.

I had blown in insulation done to my basement on Monday. They had some
kind of machine, and it took all morning. Then they had to put a
fire-resistant coat on top of that.

I'll say one thing for it. I have a student from India staying here
who has been complaining about drafts since September. My other
tenant and I didn't notice any cold areas. On Wednesday she asked me
if I had something done to the house, because she is warm all the time
now. So it works. g