Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim_in_sussex

Default CH Radiator Brackets ...Distance To Wall

Stuart wrote:
CH radiator brackets have a short and a long side and which you choose
sets the distance from the rad to the wall..As my bathroom is quite
narrow I am proposing to fit the brackets so the rad sits on the
shallow side but I am wondering if there a right and a wrong way of
fitting the brackets/rads .???

According to the instructions which came a few years ago with Henry
rads (made by Caradon which also makes Stelrad etc al) sold by B&Q,
the narrow side is for double panel rads & the double is for single.
I've no doubt you could use the narrow for single panels perhaps at the
expense of slightly reduced vollume of warm air convection from behind
the rad. As for wide for double panels, you might need to up the
quality and strength of the bolts clamping it to the wall.

HTH